The Foreign Language Teacher Education program will offer two annual awards of $500, one to an undergraduate student and one to a graduate student enrolled in the program. These awards seek to both recognize teacher candidates’ professional and academic excellence and provide financial support to assist them with the costs related to Student Teaching during their final semester.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the Foreign Language Teacher Education (FLTE) program
- Applicants must be in good standing with the FLTE program (i.e., B+ or higher on all coursework, a minimum rating of “Continue without reservations” on most recent evaluation)
- Applicants must be enrolled in EDPR 442 for the Spring 2024 semester.
- To apply, candidates must complete the Application Form, in which they will explain how the award will support them in their Student Teaching placement, contribute to their learning, and enhance their level of success.
- Submissions must be received by October 31, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by the FLAC Committee (excluding the Director of FLTE), based on the candidate’s answer to the question in the Application Form. The top-ranked candidate in each category (Undergraduate and Graduate) will receive an award.
Preference will be given to candidates who have Student Teaching placements furthest from campus.